Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Arrival in Liberia, Costa Rica 6/14

As I was in the plane peering below from my window seat, I could see the beautiful clear water and just had to capture a glimpse of it.


     Once we landed in Costa Rica, the weather was really humid and dry. The instant my SPI group set foot out of the airport, I could feel the hot June sun set in and parch my face dry. Once all the students gathered, we were introduced to our CPI mentors/guides, Camila and Christina. They worked at the local CPI Spanish Immersion School in Monteverde where we were headed next.

     Once we hopped onto the bus we met up with April Todd, one of the SPI leaders. She gave us two lunch options: American food (McDonalds, Burger King, etc.) or local Costa Rican food. No one raised their hands for the ordinary American food. Everyone wanted to dive right into the rich Costa Rican cuisine!

Afterwards, we traveled for about three and a half hours and stopped at Rincon del Llano Hotel in Liberia. My roommate, Lauren, and I got a lovely two bedroom room that looked on to the beautiful poolside and hotel.
 

After feeling exhausted from the flight, I just relaxed in the hotel room. But later, Lauren and I joined some other girls into the pool and got to meet the other students who we would be spending two incredible weeks with. I was pumped to socialize and get to know everyone. Not only that, I was overjoyed to meet my homestay family in Monteverde and jittered with excitement to experience the Costa Rica culture. Montverde, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment